Annual Meeting and Recognition Luncheon
The GSGST Annual Meeting is a time to join members from all over the council to: do the business of the council; socialize and recognize our successes at the Recognition Luncheon.
WHEN: Saturday, April 7, 2018
WHERE: Richard Borchard Regional Fairgrounds
1213 Terry Shamsie Blvd., Robstown, TX 78380
WHO: Girl Scouts, Adult Volunteers, friends and family
WHAT: Annual Meeting, Girl Program, sit down lunch and awards ceremony honoring Girl Scout Volunteers, Girl Scouts, and partners.
DEADLINE: Deadline for registering is March 23, 2018.
If you have not received confirmation within 10 days of registering, please contact Melissa Palacios, firstname.lastname@example.org or (956)425-2388
10:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.: Registration
>Doors open at 10:00 a.m. Please note, if you registered as a group, the person that registered the group is responsible for picking up your welcome packet.
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 pm.: Annual Business Meeting
>Annual Meeting is held to conduct the business of the council and report to the membership.
>Business conducted at the annual meeting may include election of officers, members-at-large, members of the Board Development Committee.
>Proposed amendments to the bylaws may be considered and any other business or key issues may also be discussed.
11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. GIRL Program
>During the Annual Business Meeting, girls can attend the GIRL Program (Free) located in Exhibit Hall A. Girls will work on the following activities:
· Daisies – Daisies learn why it's important for scientists to use observation, develop their own observation skills through hands-on activities while learning about the scientific method.
· Brownies- Brownies sharpen their observation skills through activities that challenge them to notice changes in people's appearances and a group of items.
· Juniors- Juniors will brainstorm ways to solve a problem, design prototypes, test them to see what does and doesn’t work, then improve their design.
· Cadette/Senior/Ambassador- Older scouts will enjoy traditional science related experiments and discuss the career opportunities they have in STEM fields
>Note: Various activities will bring girls closer to earning their badge, but some requirements will remain for girls to complete on their own at a later date.
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Recognition Luncheon
>Cost is $20.00 per person
>Seating begins immediately following the conclusion of the Annual Business Meeting.
>Tickets must be purchased for anyone who will be reserving a seat. Registering for the luncheon secures a seat and a meal, so be sure to register young children who will be with your group.
>The following attendees receive complimentary meals at the Recognition Luncheon:
· 2018 Adult Award Recipients
· Council Trainers
·Program Committee Members, Gold/Silver Committee Members, & Recognition Committee Members
·Service Unit Managers
·Service Unit Fall Product and Cookie Managers|
·Bronze, Silver, and Gold Award Recipients
· 2018 Girl Scout Cookie “Top Sellers” (800 + Boxes)
*Each person receiving a complimentary meal will be notified by letter before the event.
Complimentary meal recipients MUST still register to attend.