Have you ever thought about what you want to do? Maybe you want to learn how to do something new. Or maybe you can't wait to accomplish something you never thought you could. Could it be you can't wait to make a difference in your community?
When you join Girl Scouts the possibilities are endless! Join today and start doing what you can't wait to do!
In Girl Scouts volunteers make a huge impact in girls lives every day. You will help girls to accomplish anything they put their minds too! You will more than likely accomplish things you never thought you could along the way! What is on your I Can't Wait list? If you can't wait to get started changing girls lives- click on the image above!
It's all about Fun, Friends and Fantastic Opportunities
Girl Scouts is the largest girl serving organization in the United States. Girls in grades K - 12 who register by paying a $15.00 Girl Scouts of the United States registration fee and accept the Girl Scout Promise and Law are eligible to participate. Membership is according to six levels, based on school grades. Eligible girls register in the levels as shown:
- Girl Scout Daisy (K-1st grades)
- Girl Scout Brownie (2nd-3rd grades)
- Girl Scout Junior (4th-5th grades)
- Girl Scout Cadette (6th-8th grades)
- Girl Scout Senior (9th-10th grades)
- Girl Scout Ambassador (11th-12th grades)
- Adult Members, Alumnae and Adult Volunteers
There are 3.2 million Girl Scouts (2.3 million girls and 880,000 adult volunteers) across the United States with Girl Scouts of Greater South Texas serving approximately 16,000 girls and 4,800 adult volunteers. The rich diversity of our 26 county territory is reflected in the multicultural mosaic of our membership:
- We are urban, suburban & rural
- We are in schools, churches, temples, mosques, public housing and recreation centers
- We are in every zip code within our 34 county jurisdiction
Why Girl Scouts?
Girl Scouts changes the world by supporting the young women who are changing it. Girl members of Girl Scouts of Greater South Texas are accomplishing exciting and meaningful things such as:
- Organizing Project Undercover and collecting items for hundreds of underprivileged children and providing them with new underwear and pajamas.
- Creating Tau Gamma Sigma, a Middle School Program designed specifically for middle school girls and currently has over 500 members.
- Learning valuable leadership and business skills through the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
Our 100 years of history exemplifies our impact in our local communities. Girl Scouts has done more than any other organization to provide girls with tools that will help them succeed in their futures. At any given time, only approximately 6.5% of eligible girls in our jurisdiction are participating in Girl Scouts, yet:
- 80% of U.S. women business owners were Girl Scouts
- 69% of female United States Senators were Girl Scouts
- 67% of female members of the House of Representatives were Girl Scouts
- Virtually every female astronaut who has flown in space was a Girl Scout
America's most accomplished women in public service , business, science, education, the arts, and community life are Girl Scout alumnae and Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta alumnae mirrors this national trend.
Don't Wait! .......Join Girl Scouts!
For more information about becoming a Girl Scout, view and submit the appropriate forms found here: