The Program (60)
Registration is now open for Summer Camp 2014! Sign up now!
Girl Scouts of Greater South Texas has two camp facilities, Camp Green Hill and Camp Bayview. Camp Green Hill is located on Lake Corpus Christi near Mathis, Texas, 40 miles north of Corpus Christi. Camp Bayview is located on a resaca in Bayview, 20 miles east of Harlingen.
Day camps, three day camps called mini-camps, and the six-day resident camps are great ways for girls to meet new friends, learn new skills, and participate in Girl Scout program.
All girls who have completed grades K-12 are welcome to register for summer camp sessions. Girls who are not Girl Scouts can become members for an additional $12 fee.
Information regarding the sessions available is located in the registration packets below. Girl Scouts of Greater South Texas’s camps are volunteer-run. If you are interested in volunteering at the camp, please see the Counselor Application (for girls who have completed grades 9-12) and Volunteer Application (for adults) for additional information.
Look for the Summer Edition of
“In Motion” in February 2013!
Before you begin work on any of the three highest awards, consult the Awards At-a-Glance below, as well as the guides and forms for your respective award below.
Please press Refresh on your browser before downloading the pdf, to be sure you get the latest version!
Scroll through the program guide below or download the pdf version by clicking here.
To open a link, hover the mouse over the link and then click on the Link Icon that shows up.
GSGST's In Motion Program Guide is updated periodically and new editions are published three times a year (July, October, and February). Hard copies of the publication can be printed and can be requested in hard copy at any of the Girl Scout Service Centers.
Program Guide last updated 8/01/14. Check back or stay tuned to the Council Newsletter for updates.
What you'll find in the In Motion Program Guide:
• The event listings below, all together in one document.
• Your step-by-step guide to registering for and attending council-sponsored activities
• Refund policies
• Adult learning opportunities for Cadettes, Seniors, Ambassadors, and Adults
• Detailed information regarding additional program opportunities for girls
Council programs provide an opportunity for girls to experience Girl Scouting through any of the flexible pathways. By developing collaborations with local community resources, the council can provide programs that often are not available at the troop or service unit level. Girls come together from all areas of the council to enjoy the fun, friendship, and power of girls together.
Have you ever thought about what you want to do? Maybe you want to learn how to do something new. Or maybe you can't wait to accomplish something you never thought you could. Could it be you can't wait to make a difference in your community?
When you join Girl Scouts the possibilities are endless! Join today and start doing what you can't wait to do!
In Girl Scouts volunteers make a huge impact in girls lives every day. You will help girls to accomplish anything they put their minds too! You will more than likely accomplish things you never thought you could along the way! What is on your I Can't Wait list? If you can't wait to get started changing girls lives- click on the image above!
It's all about Fun, Friends and Fantastic Opportunities
Girl Scouts is the largest girl serving organization in the United States. Girls in grades K - 12 who register by paying a $15.00 Girl Scouts of the United States registration fee and accept the Girl Scout Promise and Law are eligible to participate. Membership is according to six levels, based on school grades. Eligible girls register in the levels as shown:
- Girl Scout Daisy (K-1st grades)
- Girl Scout Brownie (2nd-3rd grades)
- Girl Scout Junior (4th-5th grades)
- Girl Scout Cadette (6th-8th grades)
- Girl Scout Senior (9th-10th grades)
- Girl Scout Ambassador (11th-12th grades)
- Adult Members, Alumnae and Adult Volunteers
There are 3.2 million Girl Scouts (2.3 million girls and 880,000 adult volunteers) across the United States with Girl Scouts of Greater South Texas serving approximately 16,000 girls and 4,800 adult volunteers. The rich diversity of our 26 county territory is reflected in the multicultural mosaic of our membership:
- We are urban, suburban & rural
- We are in schools, churches, temples, mosques, public housing and recreation centers
- We are in every zip code within our 34 county jurisdiction
Why Girl Scouts?
Girl Scouts changes the world by supporting the young women who are changing it. Girl members of Girl Scouts of Greater South Texas are accomplishing exciting and meaningful things such as:
- Organizing Project Undercover and collecting items for hundreds of underprivileged children and providing them with new underwear and pajamas.
- Creating Tau Gamma Sigma, a Middle School Program designed specifically for middle school girls and currently has over 500 members.
- Learning valuable leadership and business skills through the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
Our 100 years of history exemplifies our impact in our local communities. Girl Scouts has done more than any other organization to provide girls with tools that will help them succeed in their futures. At any given time, only approximately 6.5% of eligible girls in our jurisdiction are participating in Girl Scouts, yet:
- 80% of U.S. women business owners were Girl Scouts
- 69% of female United States Senators were Girl Scouts
- 67% of female members of the House of Representatives were Girl Scouts
- Virtually every female astronaut who has flown in space was a Girl Scout
America's most accomplished women in public service , business, science, education, the arts, and community life are Girl Scout alumnae and Girl Scouts of Greater South Texas alumnae mirrors this national trend.
Don't Wait! .......Join Girl Scouts!
For more information about becoming a Girl Scout, view and submit the appropriate forms found here: