The Series Pathway offers activities for the same group of participating girls, scheduled over six to eight weeks, relating to a specific theme or purpose. Series are developed with the intent that each registered participant attend all sessions scheduled throughout the course of the offering, because sessions are designed so that each day builds towards the next and culminates upon the delivery of the last session activity.
Series are thematic in nature and developed to support the council's program initiatives in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), healthy living, financial literacy, environmental awareness, as well as Girl Scout signature programs such as leadership journeys, and Uniquely Me! The Be a Friend First (BFF) series equips middle school girls with the knowledge and power to prevent, recognize, and address bullying among their peers.
All event programs are based on the following standards:
• Be mission-driven to develop girls of courage, character, and confidence
• Align to the New Girl Scout Leadership Experience
• Adhere to all local and national safety standards
• Be relevant and accessible to all populations
• Provide opportunities for continuous involvement
• Are developed and facilitated by volunteers in partnership with council professional staff
• Provide consistent learning opportunities for both girls and adults