Find the path that's right for you
Pathways are flexible and nationally consistent ways for girls and adults to participate in the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
When a girl or an adult joins the organization, she or he becomes a Girl Scout member. Girls can choose any one, all, or some of these pathways -- camp, events, series, travel, troops, and virtual, within a single school year.
The flexibility of Pathways will allow adults to participate in Girl Scouting based on their lifestyle and availability -- whether the adult prefers to partner directly with girls throughout a membership year, participate for only a few weeks or months, or work with other adults in a variety of roles.
What does Pathways mean for girls and adults everywhere?
• Membership flexibility and participation options
• Increased volunteer retention and recruitment -- more adults to serve and support more girl members
• Increased flexibility encourages more girls to join Girl Scouting
• Increased interest from adults who desire to provide direct service to girls through more short term volunteer opportunities
• Current girl and adult members can remain with the organization longer because of the flexible ways to join and volunteer